Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Portrait - Sept 11/08

I had the honour of shooting a fellow workmate's family, including their 6 month old little girl. I had unfortunately procrastinated and was hoping to get more of a newborn session, but they were patient with me and I popped over to their house mid September.

Shooting was a pleasure and as simplistic as possible, so we didn't test baby's patience. I used as much natural light as a could coming in from the patio door and upstairs window. This is where the 50mm f/1.4 comes in very handy with its speed and shallow depth of field. If additional light was needed I bounced with an on camera flash Speedlite. We stayed in their living room for most of the shoot and then headed upstairs to get some tender moments between mother and daughter in the rocking chair.

All our love guys!



















No comments: